Monday, July 18, 2005

My list

I was about to go on a long rant about all the bands missing from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but I decided it is better to be positive. This is my list of the bands I think need to be inducted:
  • Black Sabbath - like I said before, Iron Man and Paranoid are probably the two most covered songs on the planet. (And Bill Ward is the MAN).
  • Deep Purple - I mentioned these guys already too - Ian Gillian and Richie Blackmore - what more needs to be said?
  • Steppenwolf - ok, they only have two songs that everyone knows. But come on, if the band that brought us Born to Be Wild isn't worthy of the Hall of Fame, then they should probably just shut the place down.
  • Ten Years After - I may be the only person alive who likes these guys, but they were particularly cool in the Woodstock movie
  • Joe Cocker - so what if the guy only did covers? He has the coolest voice ever.
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - I know, everyone says they should be in, but it is true. They were awesome and had a ton of great songs and they sold millions. It is a crime that they are blacklisted just because they are from the south - shame on you Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
  • Van Halen - Eddie rules and Dave is Jewish - they sold out stadiums and revolutionized rock guitar, why not?
  • King Crimson - Robert Fripp is too weird not to let in. And I didn't see Bowie on the list, but he should be there too even if he did get a little too pop-cheese sometimes - he let Fripp get all sick on Fashion and that wins big points with me.
I am sure there are others, but this is my short list for now. Who else?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm how can you forget PINK FLOYD? COOOOMMEMEE ONNNNNNN

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home