Sunday, August 07, 2005

Important Diet Additions

As Simon correctly noted, I forgot to mention my blender. My blender is the mother of all blenders. 500 watts (or volts) of pure smashing power. I load it up with bananas, strawberries and frozen blueberries and my morning is an anti-toxin high fiber all-over body fix. I shouldn't omit my juicer either. In the off, non-strawberry season, I grind up four or five apples and a chunk of ginger root and I am ready to rock the world. In my opinion, everyone should start their day with pulverized fruit (not that real fruit is bad - I eat that too), you'll feel great and it is a way to fight colds.

Someone also noted shwarma. Shwarma is an essential part of my spiritual life. It breaks almost every health rule - white flour, white potatoes, greasy meat - but if you can't eat shwarma from time to time then what's the point? A person needs to be healthy and eat well, but don't get so healthy that you forget the essentials. If the cult of health food is keeping you away from shwarma, then maybe it is time to reevaluate your eating priorities.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tzvi!
On the question of Shwarma, I searched Google for it, and of about 16900 hits, your "... Love Story" was at the top. (as it should be)

7:00 PM  
Blogger NafNaf said...

ugh, why must you remind me of the joy that is shwarma during the 9 days... no shwarma no lafa make 'tali crazy!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home